Wednesday 14 April 2010

SIMPLE PLEASURES.




I am thrilled to bits!  Whilst enjoying our meal the other evening I looked up to see three young calves huddled together in the paddock at the end of our garden.   They looked as if they had only just arrived, as they kept very close together whilst exploring their new surroundings.   We have sorely missed  'our' dear old Butch, so we're hoping these lovely young animals will be with us for a while, then we can watch them grow.


So far the very attractive youngsters have kept their distance,  but hopefully before too long they will come and commune with me outside my studio here.

Whilst I am about it, I must post a couple of photos I took at the weekend when I spent a most contented half hour sitting on the bench down by the old stone bridge here in the village.    Sadly my attempts with the camera don't really do justice to the beauty that was all around me - the blue skies, the sunshine, the clear water gurgling along, the birds singing their hearts out, and the golden daffodils and dandelions all around.  I felt such gratitude that in the autumn of our lives, we have found ourselves living in such fabulous surroundings.


Whilst I'm at it - here's the view from my studio where I'm sitting ......


........ and now I'm off to plant some nasturtium seeds ... giving Nature a helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment